SQL Server 2016 is around the corner, there are lot of improvements/new features that are being deployed as part of SQL Server 2016. One of the areas where there have been improvements made is SSRS, this reporting tool has been overshadowed by Self service BI tools such as Power BI and other reporting tools. I would like to present the blog article from Matt Landis where he discusses about SSRS in SQL Server 2016.
Some highlights from SSRS in SQL Server 2016:
- Now supports all major browser: Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, and
- Power BI Integration
- Report templates and themes similar to Power BI
- Customize Report Themes using CSS
- Improved report parameter UI
- Now supports mobile BI and data visualization on Windows, iOS, and Android
Please read the complete blog article from Matt to get a good overview of the new features.